Sunday, March 15, 2015

Social Networking Sites

Facebook, to me is considered the benchmark of all social networking sites. The impression I got from Facebook was that it was very open and contained all the essentials. I feel like Facebook has all the functionality necessary and a majority of the other social networking platforms only contain parts of what Facebook offers.

Twitter is extremely interesting because it has the status like function which is a majority of its appeal. The impression I got from twitter is that it is very public which made it seem like it had very little security measures.

LinkedIn is a great platform and my first impression with this site is that its amazing. When you think about the downsides of networking, LinkedIn in many ways has effectively got rid of them. It easily connects different professionals and I believe their user interface is really easy to use.

Lastly, I went on Instagram and out of all four of the social networking sites I visited this was my least favorite. I definitely prefer their mobile application over their website because of the aesthetic appeal of the different feeds get messed up when viewing pictures over the actual site.

All in all, each of these sites are very entertaining to use and are definitely the epitome of social media platforms for each of their specific purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment